Proteus is a very popular software for simulating the circuit in addition it also provides the flexibility for PCB designing. Proteus can also be very efficiently used for simulating the circuits with Arduino development board as the microcontroller. But Proteus does not have built-in library for Arduino so we have to download the Arduino library for Proteus first. Then we will follow the standard approach for simulating the circuit.
Simulation is a very useful way of imitating the behavior that your physical circuit is intended to show so, by simulating the circuit we can look for any glitches in the code or short circuits in the circuit before actually implementing it. So simulation both saves time and money.
Downloading the Arduino Library for Proteus
You can download the full Arduino Library having six Arduino boards
Arduino Mega Library For Proteus
Arduino Uno Library For Proteus
Arduino nano Library For Proteus
As I have mentioned earlier we need to download the Arduino library for Proteus before simulating the Arduino Atmega 328 circuits. I will discuss here steps for downloading the Arduino Library and installing it in the Proteus.
if you are unable to add Library in Proteus 7 and Proteus 8, then you should have a look at How to add new Library in Proteus 8.
This zip folder will be containing two files. One is called Arduino LIB. And other is Arduino.IDX
Arduino Library for Proteus
- Open the web browser and search for Arduino library Proteus.
- Open the link and download the zip folder. This zip folder will be containing two files. One is called Arduino LIB. And other is Arduino.IDX as we will see in the next step.
- After you have downloaded the ZIP folder extract the files in the folder.
- Copy and Paste this folder in the library folder of the Proteus software.
- Open the Proteus and the software is ready to be used for simulating Arduino based circuits.
- Creating the HEX file
- Once you have written the code in Arduino IDE you need some way to simulate this program in Proteus. This can be done by creating the HEX file of the code and then using this HEX in the Proteus for simulation. I am discussing here the process for creating the HEX file.
arduino hex file Steps
- Open your Arduino IDE, click on the File, go into preferences and check the boxes with compilation and uploading.
- When you have check the boxes highlighted in the above write the code and then compile.
- Once you have compiled the code by clicking the Verify button at the top left corner of the Arduino IDE. The Arduino IDE will automatically create the HEX file and give the link of it at the bottom.
- Go to the link as specified by your Arduino IDE and you can find your HEX file there.
Setting the HEX file in Proteus
After you have made the HEX file it should be in some way given to the Proteus so that Proteus can use this HEX file to simulate the code and thus simulate the circuit. I am discussing here the steps for setting the HEX file in Proteus.
- Open you Proteus.
- arduino hex file location
- Search for Arduino.
- Click it to add it in the project file.
- Double click on it and pop up box will appear
- Browse for the HEX file in the location where your newly created hex file is placed.
- Finally click on the file and the hex file will be uploaded in the Proteus.
- Now the Proteus is ready for simulating the Arduino circuit.
this link is not working. we will upload latest link
Top 10 Arduino proteus projects
we design projects of arduino in proteus.here are the list of arduino proteus projects.
- Arduino with water sensor simulation in Proteus
GENUINO LIBRARY FOR PROTEUS
- First of all you can download the library for Proteus Genuino below link
- in the link , you will get a rar/zip file you will have two files, named as:
- Now place the both files in the Library folder of your Proteus8/Proteus7 folder software.
Arduino NANO Library for Proteus
- I have simulated the simple circuitry of LED blinking using the Arduino nano.
- The Proteus works fine and it is very useful as you can easily simulate the Arduino circuitry and its code on the Proteus.
- So that any glitches and codes either in the code or in the circuit can be seen before actually implementing the circuit physically.
Arduino Library in Proteus
- First of all download Arduino library in Proteus. Simply search for the Arduino iot library in your software and look for the Arduino library.
- Simply download the Arduino UNO Library, unzip it and copy paste it in the Proteus8 or proteus7 as we did in the case when installing the Arduino library in proteus.
- This step is very simple. Please see the previous article if you face any problem.
- It must be noted Proteus 8.0 has already installed Uno library so you do not need to download the Uno library.
- Simply search for the Uno and add it in the workspace.
Learn our more Arduino tutorial for Beginners
you can see how to relay interfacing with arduino in proteus. my last post is what is relay
I hope this article would be helpful. In this next article I will discuss the simulation of the Arduino and LCD on the Proteus.if you want our latest proteus libraries so subscribe us on youtube
Assalam oalaikum Warahmatullhiwabarakatahu, I am looking for pulse induction technology for Non ferrous Metal detector.
very nice tutorial about proteus simulation for arduino
please write these proteus library
How to add new Library in Proteus 8
proteus pcb Designing
sensor library in Proteus
thanks for Commenting
you can check these our posts
PCB Design in Proteus
lcd Proteus Simulation
Interfacing 7 Segment Display with Arduino in Proteus
What a great article!!
It was really helpful. Keep up the good work.
I have been looking over the internet for flex sensor library for proteus and ots simulation in proteus, but could not find any helpful resource. Please add library of flex sensor and its code for arduino.
It would really be helpful.
Thanks alot for sharing your knowledge.
Thank you for such awesome post.
Plz write also on ldr sensor.
Please upload the simulation model of ldr sensor for proteus
Thank u in advance
I just like the good article info you provide for
your articles. I will bookmark your blog and test again right here frequently.
I am fairly sure I’ll be informed a lot of
new stuff proper right here! Best of luck for the next!
arduino nano library and arduino pwm
We will.more upload proteus libraries and tutorials
my problem is How to get hex file from Arduino and how i change hex in arduino pro micro
no libraies in proteus folder tell me how i download arduino libaray in proteus 7
after you download library. you will get a zip file. so. yiu unzip these files and you will get two files in the libray folder