I hope you all are good, in the previous tutorial I have discussed about datasheet overview of the BC547 transistor. In this tutorial I will discuss the overview of the datasheet of the BC547 transistor.
After reading this tutorial the reader will be able to learn about the pinout of the BC547 transistor, basic description of BC546 transistor, nominal electrical characteristics of the BC547 transistor and the general circuits in which this transistor can employed.
So sit back, keep reading and enjoy learning!
The pinout of the BC547 Transistor is as shown in the following figure:
The symbol of the BC547 transistor is also represented in the above figure. It is important to notice here that while pointing out the leads of the transistor the flat face of the transistor should be facing. This applies for all transistors.
BC547 Basic Description:
BC547 is a general purpose transistor and mainly employed for switching and AF (audio frequency) amplifier applications. The BC547 transistor gets on when the Base-Emitter Voltage exceeds 0.55 volts. The Transfer characteristics of the transistor is defined as the relation between the input and output voltage.
BC 547 Transistor Type:
- Bi-Polar NPN
BC547 Absolute Maximum Rating at Room Temperature:
- Maximum Collector current (Ic) : 100 mA
- Maximum Base-Emitter Voltage (Vbe) : 6 Volts.
- Maximum Collector-Emitter Voltage (Vce):
- Maximum Collector-Base Voltage (Vcb):
The tentative representation of the electrical characteristics of the BC547 transistor is as shown in the following image.
- BC547 can be employed in H- Bridge cirucits.
- BC547 can also be employed in current mirror circuits.
- BC547 finds applications in linear amplifiers.
- BC547 is also used for impedance buffering.
- BC547 can be deployed for switching applications.
- BC547 can be used for designing Bistable multivibrators.
- BC547 can be employed for Astable vibrator.
- BC547 finds application in oscillator circuits.
- BC547 transistor is also used in comparator circuits.
That is all for now, I hope this tutorial would be helpful for you. In the next tutorial I will discuss another transistor. Till then stay connected, keep reading and enjoy learning.