After reading this tutorial the reader will be able to learn about the pinout of the BC549 transistor, basic description of BC549 transistor, nominal electrical characteristics of the BC549 transistor and the general circuits in which this transistor can employed.
So sit back, keep reading and enjoy learning!
The pinout of the BC549 Transistor is as shown in the following figure:
The symbol of the BC549 transistor is also represented in the above figure. It is important to notice here that while pointing out the leads of the transistor the flat face of the transistor should be facing. This applies for all transistors.
BC549 Basic Description:
BC549 is a general purpose transistor and mainly employed for switching and AF (audio frequency) amplifier applications. The BC549 transistor gets on when the Base-Emitter Voltage exceeds 0.55 volts. The Transfer characteristics of the transistor is defined as the relation between the input and output voltage.
BC 549 Transistor Type:
- Bi-Polar NPN
BC549 Absolute Maximum Rating at Room Temperature:
- Maximum Collector current (Ic) : 100 mA
- Maximum Base-Emitter Voltage (Vbe) : 5 Volts.
- Maximum Collector-Emitter Voltage (Vce): 30 Volts.
- Maximum Collector-Base Voltage (Vcb): 30 Volts.
The tentative representation of the electrical characteristics of the BC549 transistor is as shown in the following image.
- BC549 can be employed in H- Bridge cirucits.
- BC549 can also be employed in current mirror circuits.
- BC549 finds applications in linear amplifiers.
- BC549 is also used for impedance buffering.
- BC549 can be deployed for switching applications.
- BC549 can be used for designing Bistable multivibrators.
- BC549 can be employed for Astable vibrator.
- BC549 finds application in oscillator circuits.
- BC549 transistor is also used in comparator circuits.
That is all for now, I hope this tutorial would be helpful for you. In the next tutorial I will discuss another transistor. Till then stay connected, keep reading and enjoy learning.