After reading this tutorial the reader will be able to learn about the pinout of the BC550 transistor, basic description of BC550 transistor, nominal electrical characteristics of the BC550 transistor and the general circuits in which this transistor can employed.
So sit back, keep reading and enjoy learning!
The pinout of the BC550 Transistor is as shown in the following figure:
The symbol of the BC550 transistor is also represented in the above figure. It is important to notice here that while pointing out the leads of the transistor the flat face of the transistor should be facing. This applies for all transistors.
BC550 Basic Description:
BC550 is a general purpose transistor and mainly employed for switching and AF (audio frequency) amplifier applications. The BC550 transistor gets on when the Base-Emitter Voltage exceeds 0.55 volts. The Transfer characteristics of the transistor is defined as the relation between the input and output voltage.[otw_is sidebar=otw-sidebar-1]
BC 550 Transistor Type:
- Bi-Polar NPN
BC550 Absolute Maximum Rating at Room Temperature:
- Maximum Collector current (Ic) : 100 mA
- Maximum Base-Emitter Voltage (Vbe) : 5 Volts.
- Maximum Collector-Emitter Voltage (Vce): 45 Volts.
Maximum Collector-Base Voltage (Vcb): 50 Volts.
The tentative representation of the datasheetis as shown in the following image.
- BC550 can be employed in H- Bridge cirucits.
- BC550 can also be employed in current mirror circuits.
- BC550 finds applications in linear amplifiers.
- BC550 is also used for impedance buffering.
- BC550 can be deployed for switching applications.
- BC550 can be used for designing Bistable multivibrators.
- BC550 can be employed for Astable vibrator.
- BC550 finds application in oscillator circuits.
- BC550 transistor is also used in comparator circuits.
That is all for now, I hope this tutorial would be helpful for you. In the next tutorial I will discuss another transistor. Till then stay connected, keep reading and enjoy learning.