I hope you all are good, in the previous tutorial I have discussed about datasheet overview of the BC557 transistor. In this tutorial I will discuss the overview of the datasheet of the BC557 transistor.
BC557 PNP Transistor:
After reading this tutorial the reader will be able to learn about the pinout of the BC557 transistor, basic description of BC557 transistor, nominal electrical characteristics of the BC557 transistor and the general circuits in which this transistor can employed.
So sit back, keep reading and enjoy learning!
The pinout of the BC557 Transistor is as shown in the following figure:
The symbol of the BC557 transistor is also represented in the above figure. It is important to notice here that while pointing out the leads of the transistor the flat face of the transistor should be facing. This applies for all transistors.
BC557 Basic Description:
BC557 is a general purpose transistor and mainly employed for switching and AF (audio frequency) amplifier applications. The BC557 transistor gets on when the Base-Emitter Voltage exceeds 0.55 volts. The Transfer characteristics of the transistor is defined as the relation between the input and output voltage.
BC 557 Transistor Type:
- Bi-Polar PNP
BC557 Absolute Maximum Rating at Room Temperature:
- Maximum Collector current (Ic) : 100 mA
- Maximum Base-Emitter Voltage (Vbe) : -5 Volts.
- Maximum Collector-Emitter Voltage (Vce): -45 Volts.
- Maximum Collector-Base Voltage (Vcb): -50 Volts.
The tentative representation of the electrical characteristics of the BC557 transistor is as shown in the following image.
[otw_is sidebar=otw-sidebar-3] BC557 Circuits:
- BC557 can be employed in H- Bridge cirucits.
- BC557 can also be employed in current mirror circuits.
- BC557 finds applications in linear amplifiers.
- BC557 is also used for impedance buffering.
- BC557 can be deployed for switching applications.
- BC557 can be used for designing Bistable multivibrators.
- BC557 can be employed for Astable vibrator.
- BC557 finds application in oscillator circuits.
- BC557 transistor is also used in comparator circuits.
That is all for now, I hope this tutorial would be helpful for you. In the next tutorial I will discuss another transistor. Till then stay connected, keep reading and enjoy learning.