[otw_is sidebar=otw-sidebar-1]I hope you all are good, in the previous tutorial I have discussed about datasheet overview of the BC556 transistor. In this tutorial I will discuss the overview of the datasheet of the BC556 transistor.
After reading this article the reader will be able to learn about the pinout of the BC556 transistor, basic description of BC556 transistor, nominal electrical characteristics of the BC556 transistor and the general circuits in which this transistor can employed.
So sit back, keep reading and enjoy learning!
The pinout of the BC556 Transistor is as shown in the following figure:
The symbol of the BC556 transistor is also represented in the above figure. It is important to notice here that while pointing out the leads of the transistor the flat face of the transistor should be facing. This applies for all transistors.
BC556 Basic Description:
BC556 is a general purpose transistor and mainly employed for switching and AF (audio frequency) amplifier applications. The BC556 transistor gets on when the Base-Emitter Voltage exceeds 0.55 volts. The Transfer characteristics of the transistor is defined as the relation between the input and output voltage.
BC 556 Transistor Type:
- Bi-Polar PNP
BC556 Absolute Maximum Rating at Room Temperature:
- Maximum Collector current (Ic) : -100 mA
- Maximum Base-Emitter Voltage (Vbe) : – 5 Volts.
- Maximum Collector-Emitter Voltage (Vce): -65 Volts.
- Maximum Collector-Base Voltage (Vcb): -80 Volts.
The tentative representation of the electrical characteristics of the BC556 transistor is as shown in the following image.
BC556 Transistor uses:
- BC556 can be employed in H- Bridge cirucits.
- BC556 can also be employed in current mirror circuits.
- BC556 finds applications in linear amplifiers.
- BC556 is also used for impedance buffering.
- BC556 can be deployed for switching applications.
- BC556 can be used for designing Bistable multivibrators.
- BC556 can be employed for Astable vibrator.
- BC556 finds application in oscillator circuits.
- BC556 transistor is also used in comparator circuits.
That is all for now, I hope this tutorial(BC556 Transistor pinout) would be helpful for you. In the next tutorial I will discuss another transistor. Till then stay connected, keep reading and enjoy learning.