The pinout of the BC558 Transistor is as shown in the following figure:
The symbol of the BC558 transistor is also represented in the above figure. It is important to notice here that while pointing out the leads of the transistor the flat face of the transistor should be facing. This applies for all transistors.
BC558 Basic Description:
BC558 is a general purpose transistor and mainly employed for switching and AF (audio frequency) amplifier applications. The BC558 transistor gets on when the Base-Emitter Voltage exceeds 0.55 volts. The Transfer characteristics of the transistor is defined as the relation between the input and output voltage.
BC 558 Transistor Type:
- Bi-Polar NPN
BC558 Absolute Maximum Rating at Room Temperature:
- Maximum Collector current (Ic) : 100 mA
- Maximum Base-Emitter Voltage (Vbe) : 5 Volts.
- Maximum Collector-Emitter Voltage (Vce): 30 Volts.
- Maximum Collector-Base Voltage (Vcb): 30 Volts.
The tentative representation of the electrical characteristics of the BC558 transistor is as shown in the following image.
- BC558 can be employed in H- Bridge cirucits.
- BC558 can also be employed in current mirror circuits.
- BC558 finds applications in linear amplifiers.
- BC558 is also used for impedance buffering.
- BC558 can be deployed for switching applications.
- BC558 can be used for designing Bistable multivibrators.
- BC558 can be employed for Astable vibrator.
- BC558 finds application in oscillator circuits.
- BC558 transistor is also used in comparator circuits.
That is all for now, I hope this tutorial would be helpful for you. In the next tutorial I will discuss another transistor. Till then stay connected, keep reading and enjoy learning.