How to make Motion Sensor Switch using IR Proximity Sensor
In this article, we will learn how to make Motion Sensor Switch using IR Proximity Sensor.
In the last post, we learned how to make Wireless Hand Gesture Car Robot Control using RF.
- IR Proximity Sensor
- Microcontroller (ESP8266)
- Relay Module
- Power Source
- Jumper wires
How it works:
IR proximity sensor-based motion sensor switches works by detecting infrared radiation emitted by objects within its detection range. When an object or a person comes within the sensor’s range, it detects the infrared radiation emitted by that object and triggers a response, such as turning on a light or activating a device.
- Connect the VCC pin of IR sensor with +ve terminal of power supply
- Connect the GND pin of IR sensor with –ve terminal of power supply
- Connect the OUT pin of IR sensor with D0 pin of ESP8266
- Connect the relay or transistor circuit to the power supply.
- Connect the load (Light) to the output of the relay or transistor.
- The relay or transistor should be connected such that when the sensor triggers, it activates the relay or transistor, turning the light on.
- Home Automation
- Security Systems
- Public Spaces
- Automatic Doors
- Healthcare Facilities